[nmglug] update-alternatives, Thunderbird & Firefox settings, and archives

Mars DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Tue Sep 20 19:22:22 PDT 2005

I have been trying to figure out how to make links in Thunderbird open in Firefox on my Debian systems.

A while back Pi mentioned using this command
~# update-alternatives --config x-www-browser
I did that (and picked Firefox) and now the links in Thunderbird open in Firefox.

I was trying to do the same on another computer and could not remember the command until I came across this
FAQ for the debian mozilla-thunderbird package at
http://www.asoftsite.org/s9y/archives/29-Documentation-Release-FAQ-updated-for-Debian-Thunderbird-0.9-8-1.0.x.html

I could not find anything about this in the Archives, until I finally realized (just now) that this one on the NMLUG
list, not NMGLUG.

So anyway, is there an easier was to search the archive other than opening every single message?

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1300 Luisa St Ste 23
Santa Fe NM 87505
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com