[nmglug] disable screen saver on getty

Tim Emerick timothyemerick at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 14:45:16 PDT 2006

I've googled high and low and can't figure how to disable the screen/power saver on a getty terminal session.  I'm running a debian sarge server that does not use X.  I have a KVM switch hooked to it that rotates among my devices/servers.  I do not want the getty login screen to turn off as there are usually useful messages on the screen that easily alert me to problems.

  Any pointers out there?  I've looked at ACPI but it doesn't appear to be installed on my system.  There is APM installed but couldn't see a meaningful .conf file.

  Thanks

  Tim