[nmglug] POP3 Server Request - finale?

luis pena glyph_dtd at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 09:14:29 PDT 2007

Andres,

The VoIP solution is proprietary and Windows based:

http://www.shoretel.com/

The solution involves using vendor hardware (Shoretel T1, PBX switches and IP phones).

The system managment software, shoreware director, integrates w/ exchange and allows a desktop based software to pull contacts from outlook into the PBX. Compared to other vendors, the solution was moderately priced and it not incredibly complex.

All non-FOSS discussion aside, I use Snort at the firewall as an IDS for my network. I hope to expand the use of *NIX solutions in my tenure as IT tech.

Luis

Andres Paglayan <andres at paglayan.com> wrote: which system? was it fonality?or any other asterisk based,if so, you can make it work with other apps too,

I do work for a non-profit too,
and I use/suffer techsoup too,

but I still run Linux servers wherever I can,
(much easier to admin, etc)
and I try to use as many FOSS apps as I can,

i.e. even if all PCs have MS office,
I still install OpenOffice, (and I sent my docs to everybody in ods)
from ghostcrip to the gimp,
plus firefox, and a myriad of other free software,
even if they are not being used, they're there,