[nmglug] A little off Linux but...

BrianO'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue May 29 09:57:04 PDT 2007

Hopefully this isn't too far off GNULinux but maybe someone can help me.
I backed up my OS X data a long while back and cannot access it.
I have a Firewire drive that has 3 partitions, all originally Mac file
system.
One partition is unreadable, at all, in OS X and no utility will access
it. All 3 are mounted in Linux and I can access 2 of them and read the
data. The 3rd is visible and I can see the directories and in Nautilus
or Gnome-Commander they even show up as the various extensions. When I
try to open them they all return errors that the data is unreadable.
The permissions seem screwy and I've included terminal output below. I
don't know the UID 501 and the Group Dialout.
Any idea if I can change the permissions to me and thereby access the data?
Thanks for any and all help!