[nmglug] Re: can u help me please

Sam Noble sam at thepromisedlan.org
Tue May 29 13:45:54 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-05-28 at 08:42 -0600, Bill York wrote:
> the problem is that when i patch
> > openmosix 2.4.26 to 2.4.26 kernel and try to compile it i cannot and
> there
> > is someerrore ,

      * Hi, are you familiar with rebuilding the kernel on your Gentoo
        system, or is this your first time?
      * Do you get any errors when you patch your kernel source or only
        when you try to compile it?
      * Does the same kernel build OK if you don't apply the OpenMosix
        patches, but just compile it as is?
      * Could you please cut and paste the exact errors?

      * Would you like to (maybe only temporarily) subscribe to the
        mailing list in New Mexico where Bill shared your problem? (It
        will make it easier for anyone from the list trying to help as
        they'll be able to see your responses, and won't have to CC:
        you, but you will also receive any other messages on the list.)
      * Perhaps you'd rather join/peruse one of the OpenMosix mailing
        lists available at:
        http://openmosix.sourceforge.net/mailing.html as you'll probably
        find more mosix experts there. (nmglug mailing list is a general
        GNU/linux mailing list mostly focused on local New Mexican
        users.)

>  and also i dont know how can i install the same system in
> > other nodes ????

I recommend using tar, (or perhaps consider Cluster Knoppix for the
nodes.) but we'll save the details until you're a little closer with the
head node.