[nmglug] header munging (was:Local meetings in ABQ)

Gary Sandine gars at laclinux.com
Fri Nov 2 22:38:34 PDT 2007

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 01:56:01AM -0600, Sam Noble wrote:
> As you've guessed by now, I'm interested in how people feel about this
> these days, I'm still habituated to just hitting reply, so if we were to
> switch it I'm sure I'll wind up sending a few replies I intend for the
> list to the auther, but the nice thing is you can resend those, but when
> you accidentally send a private response to a list it's a pretty tough
> trick to pull it back.

I think it's OK to stop Reply-To munging, although I wonder if there
are cases where one might prefer to have the mailman (list) copy of
an e-mail instead of one sent directly To or Cc.  In the case of
duplicates -- one to me and one to the list -- I will get the one to
me because it will arrive first and a local procmail rule (or Sam
indicated that mailman can do this) will dump the duplicate.

--
Gary Sandine <gars at laclinux.com>