[nmglug] Networking Linux with Apples

Lee Einer Lee at dosmanosjewelry.com
Mon Apr 27 05:28:15 PDT 2009

I work for a small newspaper and have recently been given the hat of IT
manager.

My employer's computer scheme is highly Apple-centric, and the server
appears to be running AppleTalk.

I have set up a couple of Linux boxes for employees, and all is working
well except that I have no clue as to how to get the Mepis Linux boxes
to detect and access the files on the server. I have installed Netatalk
on one of them, I have tried deactivating the Guarddog firewall, without
success.

I have also attempted to RTFM but there does not seem to be a FM out there.

Suggestions?

--

Lee

If you would be unloved and forgotten, be reasonable. - Kurt Vonnegut