[nmglug] gnome print dialog pops behind

Arlo Barnes arlo.barnes at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 22:42:11 PDT 2014

I just tried Ctrl-P in Chromium and it does indeed seem to pop under -
perhaps I never noticed because it is a lot less annoying to me than I am
guessing it would be to you, given that I use the mouse a lot more compared
to keyboard use than you do.
Does it seem to be only 'print' or similar dialogues also?

Perhaps the 'always on top' option could somehow be made to recur for the
print dialogue each time it is summoned? Not really sure of the mechanism
behind it. Alternatively, you could figure out what rules govern GNOME's
focus-switching behaviour to try to figure out what is causing the problem,
perhaps leading to a solution.

-Arlo James Barnes

*PostScript*: Oh yeah, Jason? Remember how we had to fiddle with alsamixer
to get the XFCE x30 to switch the audio from headphone jack to speakers? It
seems even that has stopped working, as now neither seem to work with any
setting. Either that or I am doing something wrong. Remind me to bring it
up the Thursday after this coming one (tomorrow) if I do not remember
myself.