[nmglug] Albuquerque Manzano Mesa Multi-generational Center; queries

Anthony J. Bentley anthony at anjbe.name
Wed May 17 23:36:02 PDT 2017

Hi Tom,

Tom Ashcraft writes:
> I took an impromptu opportunity this morning to do a casual survey of
> MMMGC to ask about the possibility of Albuquerque-based nmglug mailing
> list members having some meetings there.

Thanks for looking into this!

> I spoke briefly to facility coordinator Tyler Dunn who asked me which
> Linux group I was talking about.  Turns out NM Computer Society-Linux
> already meets there 2nd Thursdays 7:15-8:45 pm. Anyone already familiar
> with this group?

I was not aware of this group or that they met there. It's not
advertised in the newsletter, at least. This looks like it might be
their website:

http://www.manzanomesacenter.com/NMCSwebPageSite1and1/LINUX.html

> Finally, I emailed Ed to state that I would try to gather assessments of
> or gage desire for actual use of the lab computers versus simpler and
> more available meeting/presentation/discussion/workspace, etc.--which I
> am hereby doing...

I personally would bring my own laptop to such meetings.

--
Anthony J. Bentley